As a Motion Designer at The CSI Group, you will become an integral part of our creative, fast-paced and highly productive Video & Motion Design team as we work together to bring our client’s projects to life. Candidates must be technically trained with strong 2D animation and motion graphic skills.
Our ideal candidate will be ready to dive into any project — in or out of their comfort zone — while bringing their A-game each day. Nothing should be considered too big, or too small for you. You will participate in all stages of the video production process including ideation and concepting, style frames and storyboarding; taking storyboard designs to final animation, ensuring that the video is created fluidly and accurately to the approved content.
Please bring along a strong work ethic, flexibility, and an infectious positive attitude. You will have fun at CSI and this is non-negotiable.
You’ll succeed at CSI if...
You have good presentation and communication skills.
You are willing to learn new things.
You’ve left your ego at home.
You’re detail-oriented and take pride in your work.
You are a genuinely positive person who enjoys seeing the team succeed.
You’re not shy with sharing your ideas at meetings and brainstorming sessions.
What you’ll do:
- 2D motion graphics such as: titling/type graphics, infographic animations, sizzle reels, kinetic type animations, whiteboard videos, and character story animations.
- Edit live-action videos. This may include testimonials, talking heads, employee interviews, training, and social media videos.
- Perform video ingest and logging, transcoding various video codecs, formats and standards, audio/music editing and mixing. As an important part of the creative team, this role not only requires a high level of technical skill but also a keen eye for creative details.
- Work closely with the video producer, project manager and creative director during the creative process through the execution phase of the animation. We are looking for someone who is passionate about bringing creative ideas to life and motivated to participate in all stages of video production, from concept to storyboard through final delivery.
- Strong proficiency in all aspects of creating finished projects with Adobe Creative Cloud, working within Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere, Media Encoder, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of third party plug-ins and digital video and audio file formats
- Ability to edit video content for multi-platform use and distribution, including online, broadcast and social media channels
- Working knowledge of web content platforms and streaming media encoding
- Well versed in YouTube/Vimeo trends, Social Media video best practices
- Ability to select and edit music to complement video projects
- Skills in media management and archiving
- Ability to analyze and improve post-production processes
- Working knowledge of video cameras, and audio recording equipment
- Creative thinking, dynamic problem-solving and superior storytelling abilities to ensure careful attention is given to timing, continuity and artistic vision
- Conscientious asset management to organize and manage footage/assets, saving & maintaining files on company servers, and integrity of project files according to our workflow processes
- Ability to edit in a wide variety of styles with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional client service skills, demonstrated patience, and the ability to function well as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to assess creative briefs and review scripts to provide feedback to account teams
- 3-5 years experience in motion graphics
- BS or BA with a major course of study in Video Animation/Motion Graphics
- Detail-oriented and proven ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Effectively manage project schedules and works under rigorous time constraints
- Working knowledge of 3D video effects & software such as Cinema 4D
- Traditional drawing ability (sketching ideas, concepts, storyboards, etc.)
- Copywriting skills (outlines, concept rationale, treatments, scripts, etc.)
- Experience with table-top photography and high-end retouching skills
CSI Core Values:
- Dedicated: We do what it takes.
- Respectful: We value our people, our clients and our work.
- Humble: We’re quietly confident.
- Driven: We evolve beyond the status quo.
- Passionate: We’ve got pure heart and energy.
- Fun: We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
If this position sounds like a good fit, please send your professionally-designed resume (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a portfolio link.